By Barry Poltermann on 4th May 2008
This is kind of cool… San Francisco’s A+E Interactive names their top ten concert docs of all time. “Rock the Bells”, directed by AboutFace directors Denis Henry Hennelly and Casey Suchan, makes the list at number 6. Denis and Casey join the likes of Demme, Pennebaker and Scorcese.
Lot’s of AboutFacer’s involved with this one: directed and edited by Casey and Denis, with an assist by Barry Poltermann (who did some editing/consulting during a break from editing “The Pool”). Barry also exec-produced, with our own John Murphy).
Here’s a trailer…
- “Stop Making Sense” (Jonathan Demme);
- “Aweseome, I …. Shot That!” (Nathaniel Hornblower);
- “Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars: The Motion Picture (D.A. Pennebaker);
- “The Last Waltz” (Martin Scorsese);
- “The Grateful Dead Movie” (Jerry Garcia);
- “Rock the Bells” (Denis Henry Hennelly and Casey Suchan”);
- “Monterey Pop” (D.A. Pennebaker);
- “Fade to Black” (Patrick Paulson and Michael John Warren);
- “The Song Remains the Same” (Peter Clifton and Joe Massot);
- “Jimi Plays Berkeley” (Peter Pilafian).